Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Photographers I Like: Joey Wright

One thing  I love reading about in other people's blogs is which photographers they admire. I truly believe that everyone has something to teach so I love finding new photographers out there who may not be in the spotlight but whose work is just as good as that of the top shooters.

With that in mind, I decided to start a series where I present the photographers that inspire me. I'm not talking about the big guns like Ansel Adams, Joe McNally, or Steve McCurry. These guys are great and I enjoy and learn from their work, but I much prefer looking at photographers that are not household names in the industry. They seem to offer something a little more tangible that you can learn from - and their work is just as outstanding.


Joey Wright
(WARNING: Joey's site contains some racy images that you may not want to be caught admiring at work, or in the company of a particularly jelous female. So please use your thinking head before clicking on the links below.)

Today I will be talking about an Orlando, FL based photograher named Joey Wright. I came across him as I was surfing ModelMayhem for inspiration. One of his models caught my eye and eventually I ended up on his MM profile. If you haven't seen Joey's profile on that site, I highly recommend taking the time to read it. It provides great insight into his personality and will make you roll on the floor laughing.

I took an istant liking to him after reading his profile since his sence of humor is quite similar to mine. Then when I looked through his portfolio, I immediately bookmarked it as a favorite so I could check back often for updates.

He claims to be a Jack (or Joe) of all trades who shoots all genres but I think his talent lies in glamour. His shots of incredibly beautiful girls are just outstanding. He is a minimalist while shooting and has good command of light, be it natural or flash. Everything from location scouting to post processing seems to be well thought out and it pays in the final results.

Now don't get me wrong, his other work is equally impressive, it's just that his website - intentionally or not - emphasizes the glamour/beauty work. And that is just fine by me!

So, check out his site and his blog. His work is inspiring and keeps me coming back to check for updates.


Joey Wright Photography

--/--

No comments:

Post a Comment