Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Year of Emily


As the year comes to a close, I realize that one of my big 2015 photo "projects" had a profoundly awesome, albeit unintended, result. I call it a project only in the sense that it required a significant investment of my own time, but really it was a year long photography workshop. Well, 3 workshops really. World renowned photography instructor Don Giannatti put together these portrait classes intended to make you look at the work of masters in the field and draw inspiration from their work. It's a truly enlightening exercise which I highly recommend to anyone who photographs people.




One thing you absolutely need in a portrait class is a person to photograph. The workshops were pretty fast paced with one assignment per week being the norm so it was convenient to use a family member as the subject. Hence my awesome unintended consequence. I now have a year's worth of portraits of my step-daughter Emily! It's been a great year and great fun looking back at these pictures.























It's been a great year, I'm looking forward to even more great stuff in 2016. Thanks for all the help Emily, and I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment